If you’ve found yourself on edge lately, revitalise your mood with this plant-based avocado seed crackers recipe. It incorporates an abundant of mood enhancing and stress reducing ingredients, to put your mind at ease.
Our neurological health is reliant on a plentiful range of synergistic nutrients working in harmony. Nutrients work as cofactors and coenzymes, meaning that they all depend on each other for optimal functioning. We also need to have sufficient healthy fats, a balanced gut microbiome and stable blood sugar regulation.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Mood boosting foods….
Stress also depletes these nutrients, increasing requirements… meaning that at times like these we need to be even more aware of consuming sufficient nutrients as well as learning techniques to help regulate our nervous systems and minimise physiological response to this stress.
These recipes provide an abundant supply of these mood enhancing, stress-reducing substances.
This easy to prepare snack is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats provided by the avocado and seeds to support the nervous system, along with an array of nutrients including B group vitamins, Vitamin E as well as minerals including iron, zinc and magnesium.
Magnesium (Mg) is well known for its muscle relaxing properties which is valuable in reducing the muscle tension induced by anxiety. Mg has also been validated in numerous studies for its role in reducing depressive symptoms and reducing the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing sleep hormone, melatonin, allowing for rest and repair.
Vegan seed crackers with avocado
- 2 1/4 cups mixed seeds (ensure you include chia seeds and linseeds as this is what binds the mixture)
- 1 1/4 cups filtered water
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Combine seeds, water and salt in a bowl and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Evenly spread the seed mixture on a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and score into desired shape.
- Return to oven to cook for a further 30 minutes. Allow to cool. They will break easily into shape scored earlier.
- Add your choice of toppings, serve and enjoy. Store in an air-tight container, keeps for four to five days.
For more healthy recipes visit the Healthy Luxe website, Healthy Luxe App and Healthy Luxe Instagram